I have learned so much in my search to heal from my injuries and in my mission to create a healthy lifestyle. When you are in pain you are willing to try just about anything to make it stop. So, I researched and tried many things, one of which is EFT. With the use of EFT I was able to release the issues related to the accident that were holding me back from recovering, like letting go and forgiveness.
EFT is one of many tools I have discovered on my Healing Journey. Click HERE to subscribe to my blog to receive more articles in this series and others about how to heal and Be Healthy.
What is EFT?
EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique, is a modality that works to restore the flow of energy within the body, qì (pronounced “chee”). It is psychological acupressure, based on the energy meridians points used in traditional Chinese medicine. This self-healing tool relieves emotional and physical issues by using specific phrases and positive affirmations while tapping on energy meridian points. This process allows you to release emotional blocks or charges and bring balance to your body and mind. EFT can be used for almost any emotional, physical or performance issue. It is safe, drug-free and easy to perform.
What issues can be addressed with EFT?
- EFT can be used on almost any issue including:
- Attracting Abundance
- Pain Management
- Weight Loss
- Addictive Cravings
- Letting Go
- Sports Performance
How is EFT Performed?
Click HERE to download an EFT Tapping Chart.
- Choose the issue you want to target. Be specific.
- Rate your discomfort on a scale of 0-10.
- Create a Setup Phrase: “Even though I have this ___(“Your Issue”)___, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” (Example: “Even though I have this fear of public speaking, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”)
- Preform the Setup: Repeat Setup Phrase three times while tapping on the Karate Chop point with four fingers.
- Take a deep breath.
- Perform Tapping Sequence: Tap 5-7 times and repeat “Even though I have this ___(“Your Issue”)___, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.” on each of point, while you picture the problem or situation. Tapping is done with two fingers around eyes and face. Use four fingers under the arm and top of the head. Four fingers or a fist can be used on the collar bone.
- Tapping Points: (see downloaded chart above)
- Top of Head
- Side of Eye
- Under Eye
- Under Nose
- Under Arm
- Take a deep cleansing breath.
- Rate your discomfort on a scale of 0-10 and compare this to your first rating.
- Repeat tapping process until your discomfort is near or at zero.
- Revised Setup Phrase: “Even though I still have this ___(“Your Issue”)___, I deeply and completely love and accept myself.”
- Other issues may come up in this process. You would then tap on the new issue.
I am dedicated to supporting you in your journey towards a healthy lifestyle, please Contact Me for more information about EFT or other ways I can help you in your journey.
You can find previous We Be Healthy Blog articles HERE.
Please visit me on Facebook HERE and “like” my page if you haven’t already.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below.