Your Journey Toward a Healthy Lifestyle Begins
in Your Home and in Your Body.
You are focused on being healthy, but are you aware of the
hidden dangers that lurk in your home?
Aerosol sprays end up in the air around you when you use them. As you breathe they are inhaled into your lungs. This is the fastest way to absorb something into the bloodstream, besides injecting it into the veins.
Air fresheners are the worst aerosol products in your bathroom. Many air fresheners contain chemicals known as phthalates. Phthalates are dangerous and have been linked to causing hormone imbalance and birth defects.
Eliminate this chemical exposure by eliminating all aerosol products in your home.
- Natural Alternatives to Air Fresheners:
- White Vinegar: safe, natural, odor-neutralizing bacteria.
- Essential Oils: safe, natural, pure.
- Citrus Peels: strong, long-lasting natural smell.
- Plants: natural air purifier, absorb harmful chemicals, natural and pure.
- Create-Your-Own Essential Oil Air Freshener Spray:
- Pour 1 tsp witch hazel into a pump spray bottle.
- Add 10-20 drops essential oil and shake well.
- Add water to fill.
- Shake bottle before each use.
- Use your favorite essential oils and create a safe alternative
to aerosol air-fresheners.
For air freshener recipe suggestions click HERE.
This is part of a series of articles on How to Create a Healthy Home based on the New York Times best selling book “The Healthy Home”. For more information or to purchase “The Healthy Home” click HERE.
Subscribe to my blog to receive more articles in this series and others about how to heal and Be Healthy.
I am dedicated to supporting you in your journey towards a healthy lifestyle, please Contact Me for more information about creating a healthy home or other ways I can help you in your journey.
You can find previous We Be Healthy Blog articles HERE.
Please visit me on Facebook HERE and “like” my page if you haven’t already.
Don’t forget to leave your comments below.